Our advocates, volunteers, and trained staff are readily available 24/7 to assist our clients.
It is important to note we can not take action until you have made the decision to seek shelter and escape the situation.
Once you’ve made the choice to leave, we have several options to facilitate your escape.
- You may call our hotline and get directions to the shelter in order to drive yourself or have a trusted individual bring you.
- It is also possible to have a shelter employee pick you and your minor children up and deliver you safely to our shelter.
In situations such as these, we will always have law enforcement on standby to ensure your safety and the safety of those you love.
When making plans to leave we strongly suggest the following:
- leave money
- get an extra set of keys
- have copies of important documents
- retrieve extra medicine and clothing with someone you trust in order to leave quickly
- Keep the shelter hotline number close at hand.
For our international clients, please have a calling card on you at all times in order to contact family outside of the U.S.. Also, have extra mobile phone chargers, as well as available minutes on your cell phones for emergency calls.